Thursday 5 February 2009

05.02.09


Today I was supposed to go help Tolly with a private but his girlfriend wasnt feeling well so he cancelled. Nevermind! Went down to the gym anyway and had a good upper body workout taken from the 'body for life' website. Its a nice simple workout plan and the training before breakfast will help me loose a bit of weight. The workout has one exercise per muscle group with a superset at the end e.g: incline bench press x 12, 10, 8, 6, 12 (last set of 12 supersetted with dumbell flyes x 12). Heres what I did today:


incline bench press: x 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
(supersetted with)
dumbell flyes: x 12

upright barbell rows: x 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
(supersetted with)
front raises: x 12

barbell rows: x 12, 10, 8 ,6, 12
(supersetted with)
close grip pull ups: x 12

overhead dumbel extensions: x 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
(supersetted with)
french press: x 12

preacher curls: x 12, 10, 8, 6, 12
(supersetted with)
dumbell curls: x 12


I checked my weight and it was at 77.8kg after eating one meal. Could i get down to 76kg in gi? That would be good! I would have to be around 74kg to get into the lightweight category. Thats 20 days exactly to loose almost four kgs. I'm going to try and get down there anyway and see where I am on the 20th and then I'll choose my category.


Apart from this I didnt do much else today. Just going to make some food and chill out and watch some TV with my girlfriend. I am thinking about going down to Brighton tomorrow to a different BJJ school and see how I compare. Theres no training tomorrow so I wont be missing out on anythingand it will be good for me to see how I compare with other white belts that I dont usually roll with. We shall see! For anyone looking for more info on the Bristol Open 2009 winter leg here is the website:



No comments:

Post a Comment